The traditional placement of a logo on a garment is on the left chest, approximately 8" down from the shoulder seam and centered between the placket (neck opening with buttons) and the sleeve seam.
Garments with pockets normally have the embroidery centered over the pocket and placed approximately 1/2" above the top of the pocket.
Considering where the embroidery will be placed on the garment/item will aid you in determining the best size to use. A corporate logo is usually sized between 2-4" wide and 2-4" high for a garment. This fits extremely well on a left chest with or without a pocket.
Ball caps are customarily embroidered on the front of the cap. If you are interested in ball caps or visors, realize the height limitation inherent in the item. Keep your dimensions under 2" high. The width is less restrictive at up to 5" wide.
Quick Fact: Embroidery sewn on the right sleeve of a garment will read from back to front.
Multiple locations of embroidery on an item can be very impressive. Be aware that additional locations of embroidery will increase the price of each garment.
- The right chest can accommodate a design or name/title and for best visual results, will be centered with the logo sewn on the left chest.
- Above the seamed cuff of a short sleeve sports shirt or woven shirt is an excellent choice for a logo or company tag line. Embroidery should always be placed on the left sleeve so it can be read from front to back.
- The back neck of a garment would be an excellent choice as a discreet location for embroidery. A website address is a great idea for that location.
- Names and/or titles can be placed in any of the locations mentioned above.
- The cuff of a long sleeved sports or woven shirt is yet another location to consider. There is a limit to the size of the embroidery, but this location is no longer just for monograms.
- The back of a ball cap is an excellent place for embroidery. With the height limitation on the front of ball caps, many companies choose the cap back for additional embroidery.
Quick Fact: With so many options available to you, let our years of experience in logo placement guide you to the visual impact you're seeking.
Other Items: Towels: Golf, beach, sports towels are all wonderful corporate gift ideas. Embroidery placement can be achieved in a variety of locations. Centered at top, bottom or middle, or placed diagonally in a corner.
Stadium Blankets: The options for placement of embroidery are plentiful.
Baby Items: bibs, tee shirts or infant wear can be embroidered with your logo in a number of locations.